When relocating or changing job, most people are overwhelmed considering the number of tasks that need be completed in a short period of time. For homeowners, selling your house is a top priority in the checklist. It is difficult to gauge how long it will take a house to sell in any given market. Here are some tips to help sell your house Fast.
This blog post is for educational purposes only and does not serve as legal advice. Please enlist the help of an attorney for legal advice.
Price your house to sell Fast. If you want your property to move quickly, set an asking price that is below similar homes in your area. This will see you as a “motivated seller,” and you’re likely to get more attention from prospective buyers.
Nowadays, there are many online free tools that help you find an approximate value of your house. Some of those tools are Zillow.com, Realtor.com, Redfin.com.
Again, the value those tools provide is just an approximation of your property value if it were in great condition. If repairs need to be done on the property, cost of the repairs needs to be deducted from the property value.
Consult with Real Estate Professionals: Real Estate Agents OR investors can help you come up with an accurate value for your property in current condition, and if repairs were done to it. Here are some key points to help you decide whether you would like to work with investors OR agents
|Selling to an Investor||Selling with an Agent|
|Investors buy As-IS, you don’t have to make any repairs on the property||You make the repairs before selling|
|Cash purchase! No need to qualify for financing||After several Days on market, If the lender doesn’t finance, you are back to square one|
|Close in as little as 7 days||Generally 30 days after you find a Buyer|
|No formal inspections||Will require an appraisal and formal inspection|
|No commissions or fees, Investor pay all closing cost||Generally costs about 10% to sell a property|
|An investor can help with any situation and on your timeline||No flexibility, your property has to meet bank guidelines|
|Investors may pay less for property||Agent often can get you more money for the property|
Sell your House “For Sale By Owner”: If you decide to enlist the help of professionals, the remaining sections don’t apply to you. Some owner prefers selling their house themselves in order to save commissions they would pay to an agent. Here are some key things to do if you decide to sell it FSBO
- Get the house ready: Identify repair issues which need to be fixed. The better the condition the house is in, the faster you will be able to sell it.
- Make your house look appealing to prospective buyers. Add a fresh coat of paint, steam-clean your carpets, replace dead plants and flowers, and pack away unnecessary personal belongings to make the house look as open and inviting as possible.
- Take high-quality photos of your home, both inside and out. Focus on the main rooms, including the living room, dining room, master bedroom, kitchen and the home’s exterior. Highlight interesting architectural elements and features, such as granite countertops, a swimming pool or built-in custom cabinetry.
- Write a detailed description of your home’s key features, including square footage, the age of the home and the number of bedrooms. Also describe neighborhood amenities, such as good schools or easily accessible shopping centers.
- List your house for sale. Place your home listing on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), the national real estate database, and upload your photos and description. This will make your home accessible to real estate professionals, as well as private buyers.
- Put a for-sale sign in your yard and be prepared to show your house at a moment’s notice. Consider installing a lockbox key holder that lets real estate agents show your house to prospective buyers when you’re not home.
- Negotiate terms with prospective buyers. Decide in advance the lowest price you’d be willing to take to facilitate a quick sale.
How Long will it Take to Sell?
How fast your house will sell depends on whether you value money over time or time over money. If you value time more, you may decide to sell your house to an investor at a discounted price, do no repair, and Cash out quickly. If you value money more, you may decide to do all repairs and upgrade on the house and sell it on the open market. In this case, the amount of time it will take depends on the price, the neighborhood, the local economy, the inventory of homes for sale in your area.
How to Sell Your Home Fast
Cash homebuyers such as Wody Buys Houses can give you a free quote to buy your home as-is. That way, you won’t get stuck paying to fix up and stage your home, and you won’t have to wait endlessly to get an offer.